We’ve put together our top tips for the Best Man’s Speech to help you stay on the right path!
- Plan ahead! Start writing your speech at least two months before the wedding.
- Begin by introducing yourself! Establish the relationship between you and the groom.
- Make jokes about the groom, not the bride! Guests will expect a little light-hearted teasing, wisecracks and humorous recollections of the grooms childhood, schooling or personality.
- Avoid: negativity about marriage, ex-partners, drinks, drugs or gambling, adult humour.
- Tell a funny story about the bride and groom; funny not humiliating!
- Keep the speech to around five minutes or less. This gives enough time to say something meaningful but not so long that you lose your audience.
- Wrap up your speech with a toast to the happy couple. Raise your glass with congratulations and cheers, and don’t forget to drink to your own toast!
- Practise! Either video yourself or get in some of your mates to be the audience! You may think you’ve nailed the writing but can you deliver?
- On the day; don’t drink too much before, speak loud and clearly and stand up straight.
- Have fun! Once you relax into it, we don’t doubt you’ll enjoy it!
Contact us to find out more about our Stag Packages!