With Bewl Water already 97% full, and the extraordinarily good fishing this beautiful stillwater has provided over the last four months, the 2019 trout fishing season promises to get off to a flying start when it re-opens at 0630hrs on Thursday 21st March.
To complement the good numbers of overwintered fish that are still evident in the lake, 44,700 top quality rainbow trout of 2lbs and over have been ordered for 2019. The first 7,600 of these will be stocked before the season commences and thereafter regular stocking will continue throughout the season until November.
The fleet of 55 Coulam fishing boats plus the outboard motors and equipment are currently undergoing winter maintenance to ensure they are ready for Opening Day, and boat bookings are rolling in already.
“Although last summer was hot and dry, the water never fell below 60% and re-filling has progressed steadily all winter,” says Bewl’s Operations Manager Phil Daley. “The fact that the margins were not exposed for any great length of time, combined with the long period that pumped water has had to settle out, augers well for both insect life and water quality. We look forward to a good season.”
There are other good news stories for Bewl 2019 season for both Fly and Any Method Anglers:
- Fishing prices remain fixed for yet another season, with permits from £19 and Boat Hire from £18. An 8-fish Day Permits is £28 and Double Boat Hire is £31 per day.
- A new Bewl Water Fishery Loyalty Scheme is available. For every 9 boats that are hired and paid for, scheme members will be entitled to the tenth boat free of charge.
- A Block Permits Scheme. Anglers purchasing a ‘block’ of 10 permits will receive the eleventh permit free of charge.
- The new Boat House Café next to the Fishing Shop will be open on weekend mornings, from 0800hrs for hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and bacon rolls.
- Bewl’s well-stocked fishing shop provides for both Flyfishers and Any Method Anglers with a large selection of flies and tackle as well as other accessories, and friendly staff who can offer advice and set you up for a good day’s fishing
Further information available from www.bewlwater.co.uk